Hearing aids for every hearing need.
Hearing Aids at Debra Trees Audiology Associates
We carry hearing aids from the leading hearing aid manufacturers, including Oticon, Signia, Starkey, and ReSound. These hearing aid manufacturers offer some of the most advanced technology available. From hearing aids with Bluetooth connectivity to advanced noise control, we have a device for everyone.
How to Choose the Right Hearing Aid
When choosing the right hearing aid we consider a few factors: difficulty with communication, type and degree of hearing loss, and lifestyle. The number one factor when choosing a hearing aid is your difficulty, if any, with communication. Communication is an essential part of life, and it’s important you are able to effectively communicate with those around you. If you are having a hard time hearing people talk to you, no matter the severity of your hearing loss, we will recommend a hearing aid with more power. Many hearing aids will automatically adjust to your listening environments so you can hear anywhere you are. If you are having a hard time communicating with people, we will help you find a hearing aid that will address that.
The next factor we consider is the type and degree of hearing loss. The most common type of hearing loss is sensorineural hearing loss. This type of hearing loss is effectively managed with hearing aids. The degree of hearing loss ranges from mild to severe. Depending on these two factors we will find you a hearing aid that will help you hear and communicate better.
The final factor for choosing a hearing aid is your lifestyle or independence. Some people live active and busy lifestyles and are around a lot of people. They may need a more technologically advanced hearing aid to help them adjust and automatically orient to sound. We consider how independent you are to narrow down what type of hearing aid would be best for you. If you use your smartphone a lot and talk on the phone often, a higher-end Bluetooth hearing aid would be best. If you don’t use a smartphone and you prefer to stay inside at home more, then you could use a more basic device.
Adjusting to Hearing Aids
If you are new to wearing hearing aids it can be an adjustment. Not only do your ears have to adjust to wearing them but your brain has to adjust to hearing certain sounds again as well. First time hearing aid wearers should be patient as it will take some time to get used to hearing again. Here are three tips for new hearing aid wearers to help you adjust:
- Wear your hearing aids all the time. The more often you wear your hearing aids the quicker you will adjust. You should wear your hearing aids during your waking hours and only take them out when you go to sleep or when you are in the water (showering or swimming).
- If your hearing aids are uncomfortable come back in for an adjustment. If your hearing aids feel uncomfortable in your ears or they are too loud then come see us. We can adjust your hearing aids so they feel more comfortable for you. It’s important to come in for follow-up appointments so we can make the necessary adjustments. This will lead to better success with your hearing aids long term.
- Be realistic. Wearing hearing aids won’t return your hearing to what it was before you had hearing loss. Although, they will help you to hear sounds you couldn’t before. It’s important to be patient and to wear your hearing aids regularly.
It’s Time to Get More Out of Life
The Oticon More™ is a new perspective in hearing care. This hearing aid is designed to work more like the brain does because it learned through experience. Using On-board Deep Neural Network (DNN) the Oticon More™ gives the brain more of the information it needs to make sense of sounds, even in the most complex listening environments. Research has proven that the brain needs access to all sounds – not just speech – in order to function in a natural way. Using MoreSound Intelligence, Oticon More™ delivers 30% more sound to the brain, making speech and other sounds clearer*.
With the Oticon More™ you will be able to enjoy, follow, and engage in conversations easier than before. You won’t have to strain to hear anymore, the Oticon More™ will do all the work while providing you with crystal clear sound. This hearing aid also features a new amplification system that seamlessly adapts to the sound scenes you spend the most time in. Experience more out of life with the Oticon More.
Additional features include:
- 3-hour rechargeable solution
- New MoreSound Amplifier
- Direct connectivity to iPhone and Android devices
- DNN technology to support BrainHearing
*Compared to Oticon Opn STM, Santurette, et al. 2020. Oticon More clinical evidence. Oticon Whitepaper.